John C. Quicker, Ph.D
Title: Professor, Sociology
Office: SBS G 319
Phone Extension: x3509
Email Username: jquicker
- RSCAAP grant, spring 1999, for travel to South East Asia to conduct research for chapter in Domestic Violence book titled "A Dark Cloud in a Bright Sky: Violence in Thai Families", ($2,500).
- Faculty Development grant, October 1997, ($2,000).
- Principle Investigator in the Working Group on the Social Ecology of Crime and Drugs In The Inner City, for South Central Los Angeles. Sponsored by the Social Science Research Council, December 1989-expected completion, April 1991, ($10,000).
- Research, Scholarship, Creative Activity Awards Program grant, CSUDH, January, 1989. Project title: "Fussin, Cussin, and Discussin: A Study of Early South Los Angeles Street Gangs", ($4,500).
- University Foundation Research Award, CSUDH, May 1987. Project title: "What It Be Like: A Proposal for a Study of Black Gangs in Los Angeles", ($2,500).
- California Council for the Humanities, December 1978. $7,000 grant to organize and direct the South West Labor Studies Association annual conference.