Linda Pomerantz Zhang, Ph.D.
Title: Professor Emerita, History
Office: WH D 440J
Phone Extension: x3307
Email Username: lpomerantz
- “Bridging the Digital Divide: Reflections on ‘Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age,” The History Teacher , Fall 2001
- “Downsizing in the Nineties,” Perspectives: American Historical Association Newsletter (December 1998)
Tingfang, 1842-1922: Reform and Modernization in Modern Chinese
History (Hong Kong, Hong Kong University Press,
- "The Chinese Bourgeoisie and the Anti-Chinese Movement in the United States , 1850-1905" Amerasia Journal, 11.1 (Fall 1984): 1-33.
- "The Background of Korean Emigration," in Lucie Cheng and Edna Bonacich, eds., Labor Immigration Under Capitalism: Asian Workers in the United States Before World War II (Berkley, University of California Press, 1984), 277-315.
- (As Linda P. Shin) "Koreans in America , 1903-1945," Amerasia Journal , 1.3 (1971): 1-30.
Recent Publications and Activities
- February 2005 “ Using Assessment Data for Continuous Improvement in General Education,” Panel organizer and presenter, American Association of Universities and Colleges Conference on General Education and Assessment, Atlanta GA.
- March 2004 “Developing a Culture of Assessment in General Education,” American Association of Universities & Colleges Conference on General Education and Assessment: Generating Commitment, Value, and Evidence, Long Beach , CA .
- January 2001 “Bridging the Digital Divide: Reflections on ‘Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age,” American Historical Association Annual Conference, Boston , MA .
- April 1998 “University History Teaching for Future History Teachers: A California Experiment,” Organization of American Historians Annual Meeting, Session on Cultivating Collaboratives: University-School Cooperative Partnerships, Indianapolis , IN.
- February 1998 “Families: Histories and Mysteries [Zhang family history, 1600-1850],” University Presenters Series, California Council for the Social Studies Annual Conference, Long Beach , CA
- January 1997 "Downsizing in the Nineties: A Roundtable," Presentation at American Historical Association Annual Meeting, New York (Published in Perspectives , Newsletter of the American Historical Association, December 1997)
- June 1996 "Outcomes Assessment," Panel Presentation, Conference on Quality Assessment and Evaluation, American Association for Higher Education, Washington D.C.
- April 1996 "The Role of Higher Education and Teacher's Subject Matter Knowledge," Panel Presentation, Conference on State Policy and Teacher Learning, Consortium for Policy Research in Education, Philadelphia , PA
- April 1996 "Chinese Family History: Reconstruction Through Time and Space," Third Annual Celebration of Research, CSUDH
- February 1996 "Education for Citizenship," Panel Presentation, California Studies Association Annual Conference, Long Beach , CA
- March 1995 "Chinese Family History," University Presenters Series, California Council for the Social Studies Annual Conference, Fresno , CA
- June 1994 "Asian and Asian-American Studies and the New Communications Technology," panel presentation, Asian Pacific American Studies Conference, CSUDH, June 1994
Honors and Fellowships
- 1991, CSUDH Foundation Research Award
- 1990, CSU Research, Scholarship, Creative Activities Award
- 1985, CSUDH Professional and Institutional Development Grant
- 1984, CSUDH Social and Behavioral Sciences Dean's Research Award
- 1978-1979, Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Asian-American Studies Center , UCLA
- 1970, Ph. D. With Distinction, UCLA
- 1966 - 1967, National Defense Foreign Language Fellowship
- 1966 - 1967, Travel Grant, Academic Senate, UCLA
- 1965 - 1966, Fulbright Fellow to the Republic of China ( Taiwan )
- 1964 - 1965, National Defense Foreign Language Fellowship
- 1960, B.A. With Honors, UCLA