Linda Pomerantz Zhang, Ph.D.
Title: Professor Emerita, History
Office: WH D 440J
Phone Extension: x3307
Email Username: lpomerantz
Recent Publications and Activities
- February 2005 “ Using Assessment Data for Continuous Improvement in General Education,” Panel organizer and presenter, American Association of Universities and Colleges Conference on General Education and Assessment, Atlanta GA.
- March 2004 “Developing a Culture of Assessment in General Education,” American Association of Universities & Colleges Conference on General Education and Assessment: Generating Commitment, Value, and Evidence, Long Beach , CA .
- January 2001 “Bridging the Digital Divide: Reflections on ‘Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age,” American Historical Association Annual Conference, Boston , MA .
- April 1998 “University History Teaching for Future History Teachers: A California Experiment,” Organization of American Historians Annual Meeting, Session on Cultivating Collaboratives: University-School Cooperative Partnerships, Indianapolis , IN.
- February 1998 “Families: Histories and Mysteries [Zhang family history, 1600-1850],” University Presenters Series, California Council for the Social Studies Annual Conference, Long Beach , CA
- January 1997 "Downsizing in the Nineties: A Roundtable," Presentation at American Historical Association Annual Meeting, New York (Published in Perspectives , Newsletter of the American Historical Association, December 1997)
- June 1996 "Outcomes Assessment," Panel Presentation, Conference on Quality Assessment and Evaluation, American Association for Higher Education, Washington D.C.
- April 1996 "The Role of Higher Education and Teacher's Subject Matter Knowledge," Panel Presentation, Conference on State Policy and Teacher Learning, Consortium for Policy Research in Education, Philadelphia , PA
- April 1996 "Chinese Family History: Reconstruction Through Time and Space," Third Annual Celebration of Research, CSUDH
- February 1996 "Education for Citizenship," Panel Presentation, California Studies Association Annual Conference, Long Beach , CA
- March 1995 "Chinese Family History," University Presenters Series, California Council for the Social Studies Annual Conference, Fresno , CA
- June 1994 "Asian and Asian-American Studies and the New Communications Technology," panel presentation, Asian Pacific American Studies Conference, CSUDH, June 1994