R. Iset Anuakan
Title: Lecturer, Psychology
Phone Extension: x3471
Email Username: ianuakan
Show All Publications: Manuscripts Publications: Articles Publications: Television and Radio Publications: Poetry Presentations: Papers Delivered Performances Blogs Fellowships, Grants, and Awards: Academic Awards: Writing/Art/Performance
Presentations: Papers Delivered
- "Leading Community-Centered Evaluation of Diversity," with Nancy Erbe, International Society for Teaching & Learning, Palm Springs , CA, October, 2006.
- "Measure & Rule," Popular Culture Association, San Diego , March 2005
- "Making History: Digital Media in the History Classroom," Point Loma Nazarene University , November, 2004.
- "Women's Business in California History," CSUDH, March, 2004.
- "History in the Making," An Evening with the Stars , UC San Diego , La Jolla , CA , 2004.
- "A Style of History: Leon Litwack's Bridges to African Americana ," UC Berkeley , May, 2003.
- "Patriotism," CSUDH Black Faculty & Staff Association, April, 2003.
- "Where the Goddess Blues Travels: The Transnational Identity of Yoruba's Yemaya," National Council of Black Studies, Atlanta , GA March, 2003.
- "Debates on Minority Student Achievement," Center for Teaching & Learning Symposium, CSUDH, March, 2003.
- "The Third Black Reconstruction" Thomas Jefferson Law School , San Diego , CA 2002.
- "Race and Class in Princess Literature : The Telos of Twenty-First Century Pageants," National Council of Black Studies, San Diego , 2002.
- “Images of Race and Slavery From Ancient Egypt to Nineteenth Century America ,” UCLA , CA , 2000.
- “Preserving Arts and Cultures,” Foothill College , Los Altos Hills , CA , 1998.
- “The Color of Beauty,” California State University , Long Beach , CA 1996.
- “The Language of Aesthetics,” Univ. of Minnesota , Minneapolis , 1995.
- “Beauty Culture in the Antebellum Era,” University Arts Museum , UC Berkeley , 1994.
- “Negro Women's Business in Harlem,” Florida State University , Gainsville , FL. 1994.
- “The Folklore or Hair Styles: A Working Paradigm,” Mississippi State University, Columbus , Miss. 1993.
- “Political and Cross-cultural Relevance of Hair,” Stanford University , Palo Alto , CA. 1993.
- “New Negro Political and Cultural Style,” Howard University , Washington , D.C.1992.