R. Iset Anuakan
Title: Lecturer, Psychology
Phone Extension: x3471
Email Username: ianuakan
Show All Publications: Manuscripts Publications: Articles Publications: Television and Radio Publications: Poetry Presentations: Papers Delivered Performances Blogs Fellowships, Grants, and Awards: Academic Awards: Writing/Art/Performance
- “A Gendered Portrait on a Cultural Storm: Pedagogy, Theory and the Rescue of Katrina Women,” National Women Studies Association Journal, Akron , OH (forthcoming 2008).
- "What is The Vision of CSUDH?: An Examination of Diversity & Civic Engagement at a 21 st Century Institution," with David Campt. A Study for the WASC Task Force, CSUDH, (April 2006).
- Biographical Histories, African American Biographical Institute, Harvard University, Oxford UP (2006-07).
- Biographical Histories, Brown Reference Group, London , England ( 2005).
- "History of Black Hair," and "The Black Cinematic Tradition," Encyclopedia of African Atlantic Relations , ABC-CLIO, INC., Santa Barbara , CA ,(forthcoming).
- "Princess Literature and The Miss America Pageant," There She Is: Miss America (see p. 111-124, Palgrave Macmillan Publishers, New York (August 2004) ISBN:1-4039-6301-0. p111-124.
- " California 's Leaders in the Master Plan for Higher Education," Digital Archive of the Center for the Study of Higher Education , Berkeley , CA. (2002).
- "Special Features—Conflicts in the Colonies (1765-1776)," U.S. History , Barrett Kendall Publishing, Ltd., Austin , TX , (June 2001).
- "The History of History Series" My Road.com , Mentor Media Inc. Internet Publication, Emeryville , CA (Jan. 2000).
- "The Psychological Implications of Natural Black Hair," in Let Go My Mouth , Proceedings of the St. Clair Drake Cultural Forum, UC Berkeley, (Spring 1993).
- "The Importance of Afro-American Culture," in The Daily Californian , Berkeley ,CA (1989).
- "Black Women and Literature," in Catfish Lines , San Diego , CA (1987).