The libary uses the Library of Congress organization scheme. In this scheme, books are assigned letters and numbers for purposes of organization. To find a book, you will need to know its call number. You can get the call number by looking up the book you want in our online catalog.
Books and journals are located on the 3rd and 4th floors of both library buildings. For detailed maps, please view our library floor plans.
|North Building||South Building|
Some books will have additional "Collection Codes" in front of the call number. These items are shelved in a separate area from the rest of the library items, as listed below.
- Atlas - There are atlas cases on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
- CMC - These items are located in the "Curriculum Materials Center" on the 3rd floor.
- Index - These items are located on the third floor of the South Building.
- News - Current issues are on the 2nd floor, by the circulation desk. Ask at the circulation desk for older issues.
- RBR - Reserve Book Room (North Building, 2nd floor)
- Ref - Reference Area (South Building, 2nd floor, behind reference desk)
- SpCol - Special Collections & Archives (South Building, 5th floor)
- WebSite - Online item. Click on the link in the catalog to access the item.
Anything prefixed with Folio, Juv, or Text is located on the 3rd floor, North Building.
If you're still having trouble finding an item, stop by the reference desk and a librarian will be glad to help you.