Trouble Logging in from Off-campus?
To log in from off-campus, check that you are:
- Not using your Social Security Number. Use your campus-wide login and password instead. (The same thing you use to access Blackboard or your campus e-mail.)
- Not using your 9-digit student ID number. As of Monday, June 22nd 2009, off-campus login no longer requires you to use your ID number. Instead, use your campus-wide login and password instead. (The same thing you use to access Blackboard or your campus e-mail.)
- A current CSUDH student, faculty or staff member. Sorry, we cannot offer off-campus access to alumni.
- Registered with the library. Sometimes new students and faculty do not get entered in automatically. Check with the circulation desk to find out.
If you still can't log in, check that you are:
- Not mistyping your username or password.
- Using your username and password instead of your last name and student ID number.
- Try clearing your browser's "remembered forms" and typing in the information again.
As of June 22, 2009, all CSUDH faculty, staff, and students must now log in with their campus username and password instead of using their 9-digit ID number and last name. This step was taken by the CSUDH Library in an effort to make access to our resources more convenient for students, faculty and staff, who are not always given their ID number in a clear fashion.
If you do not know what your campus username and password are, you can get them by going to http://my.csudh.edu and clicking the link titled "Forgot your username?" or "Forgot your password?"
If you do not have a username and password, you can still log in using 20550 followed by your nine digit ID number. This enables us to continue to serve members of the community who are not directly affiliated with the university.
You must currently be a CSUDH student, faculty member or staff member to log in to CSUDH Library databases and electronic resources.
We're sorry, but CSUDH alumni are not eligible to log in to CSUDH Library databases from off campus locations, even if they are current Library members.
All students, faculty and staff who are eligible to log in to CSUDH Library databases and electronic resources are now automatically entered into our database of Library users (it is usually no longer necessary for CSUDH Library users to fill out an online registration form).
If you think you may not be in the Library user database (e.g., you registered for classes during the current semester or you are a faculty member who has not used the Library recently), please go to the Library Patron Registration Form and fill out and submit an online registration form.
Wondering how to log in to CSUDH Library databases? Click here.
Still having trouble?
make sure you're typing your username on the login screen exactly as it's spelled
make sure you're not mistyping your password
if your browser is set up to remember your username and password from session to session, try overriding the "remembered" data and carefully retyping it.
Questions about your username and password? Contact the IT Help Desk (http://www.csudh.edu/helpdesk/)
General questions about access to CSUDH Library Databases? Contact Carol Dales (email@example.com)