Students—want to save money with low-cost, no-cost, or rental textbooks, e-textbooks, and other online resources? Check the links below for resources that can help you do just that.
In the Library
- Free e-textbooks list - See a list of freely available e-textbooks used for courses this semester and in the past.
- ebrary - Full text electronic books covers all academic subject areas. The collection currently includes more than 30,000 titles from around 220 of the world’s leading academic, STM, and professional publishers. Free to CSUDH students.
- EBSCO eBooks - Mostly academic e-books from EBSCOHost Databases, from a variety of publishers. Free to CSUDH students.
- Inter-Library Loan - Request books and articles from other libraries via the CSUDH ILL Department.
- Campus bookstore - The bookstore offers rentals on some textbooks.
- List of eBooks available through the Bookstore
- Café Scribe - eBook vendor used by the campus Bookstore.
On the Web
- Chegg.com - Low-cost and rental textbooks, as well as e-textbooks.
- BigWords - A textbook meta-search. Finds cheap textbooks from a variety of other websites.
- Half.com - Low-cost textbook purchase site.
- Google Books - Some books may be partially available via Google Books. Note that, due to the nature of Google Books' previews, it is not recommended to use the system as a replacement for the actual textbook.