Irene Morris Vásquez, Ph.D.
Title: Professor, Chicana/Chicano Studies
Department: Chicana/Chicano Studies
Office: LCH B304
Phone Extension: x3070
Email Username: ivasquez
Affordable Learning Initiatives
CHS 100: The Americas: Cultural and Historical Synthesis -- Required TextbookTextbook cost to students: $0
Savings per student: $27.95
Book is available free of cost to students through ebrary.
- Menchaca, Martha. Recovering History, Constructing Race: the Indian, Black and White Roots of Mexican Americans. Austin: Univ. of Texas, 2001. ISBN: 978029279877. ebrary
HUM 312: Narrative as Social Commentary: Native American and Chicana Women's Narratives -- ReadingsSavings per student by using Rental Textbook: $8.20
Savings per student by using ebrary: $38.94
Savings per student by using Blackboard: $50.00
Total Savings per student: $97.14
Required Textbook, available via CSUDH Bookstore Textbook Rental
- Hogan, Linda. Solar Storms: a Novel. New York: Scribner, 1995. ISBN: 978068482597. CSUDH Text Rental (List price, $16.00)
- Mankiller, Wilma Pearl. Every Day Is a Good Day: Reflections by Contemporary Indigenous Women. Golden, CO: Fulcrum Pub., 2004. ISBN: 9781555918750 ebrary (List Price, $18.95) Note: Only Chapter 6 is required reading.
- Ruíz, Vicki, and Korrol Virginia. Sánchez. Latina Legacies: Identity, Biography, and Community. New York: Oxford University Press, 2005. ISBN: 978019803502. ebrary (List Price, $19.99)
- Bettez, Silvia Cristina. "Mixed-Race Women and Epistemologies of Belonging." Frontiers: A Journal of Women Studies, 31:1 (2010) (Project Muse)
- Fiesta, Melissa. "Solving Mysteries of Cultures and Self: Anita and Naspah in Anna Lee Walter's Ghost Singer." American Indian Quarterly. 17:3 (Summer 1993): 370-78 (JSTOR)
- Naranjo, Tessie. "Thoughts on Migration by Santa Clara Pueblo." Journal of Anthropological Archaeology. 14:2 (June 1995) 247-50 (Science Direct)
- Ross, Luana. "From the 'F' Word to Indigenous Feminisms." Wicazo Sa Review. 24:2 (Fall 2009), 39-52 (Project Muse)
- Tohe, Laura. "There is No Word for Feminism in My Language." Wicazo Sa Review. 15:2 (Fall 2000), 103-10 (Project Muse)